Why did I buy the motor in the first place? My friends and I got into scratch foam boats. We discovered that smaller props made life easier. I found the cheapest high Kv motor I could find, which happened to be the AX-2306N-2000. I, then, bought a couple of them. Now, if you haven't seen 'Das Boot vs the world', I suggest you look it up. I've flipped the boat, submerging the motor in water, and the motor shows no sign of damage.
Moving on, I threw the motor in a failed delta wing, and then my scratch built dollar store foam F-22. Now that I have used the motor in 3 different applications, I present my video review.
In the video I flew the motor with the H-KING 10A Fixed Wing Brushless Speed Controller, GWS DD-5043 Prop, and a 20C 800mAh 3S LiPo.
Thoughts about the AX-2306N-2000
- Incredible deal. For being the cheapest motor from HobbyKing, it is surprisingly good. The motor is a perfect match for a cheap ESC, cheap-ish batteries, and small .5lb to 1lb planes
- Medium Small motor, works great with cheap GWS 5043 propellor
- I think they underestimated the power rating of the motor. I have yet to get the thing warm.
- Comes with mount, lock nuts, and washers
- Smooth part of shaft could be used with propsaver or other prop adapter if shaft were cut
The not as good:
- Motor shaft is long. Really long.
- Kinda ugly (no sexy blue/red/gold trim)
- No included connectors
- Axial play in shaft